How long is Merit good?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RobHawkins, Jun 9, 2008.

1. RobHawkins

RobHawkins LawnSite Member

I spread some Bayer Grub Control with Merit two weeks ago expecting the rainfall that was predicted by my local weatherman. Well, it didn't rain.
    And it hasn't rained since. Daytime temperatures have been in the upper 90s since then as well.
    Will the Merit still be good just laying on top of the ground like that? We may get some rain tonight or tomorrow.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It is supposed to be watered-in right away. Not sure how long it would last in your situation. A certain percentage has probably evaporated. Wish I could send you some of our 4 inches of rain.
  3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

I know from experience with the water soluble pouches that if it is not watered in within 1, maybe 2, days it will not work. I sprayed it on a golf course rough and watered it in within 1 hour. There was one sprinkler that was not functioning for a few days. In late August there was a high number of Jap Beetle grubs around the sprinkler that hadn't been working.