1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Long is Redzone(speedzone) good for?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DreamtheGreen, Jun 21, 2008.

1. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

How long is redzone(speedzone) good for. Bought a gallon at lesco last June and I did put in the house for winter months. Doesn't seem to be working. Sprayed more then 10 days ago and nothing.
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

It should be good for a VERY LONG time!
  3. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

What was your target weed? I'm not getting a very good root kill on wild violets, but I never did with anything else! Clover, buttonweed, oxalis and even veronica are gone, but the violets keep coming back.

As for the shelf life, the 2,4-D and the dicamba are very stable. Carfentazone is relatively new, so I haven't come across any ancient containers of it. 1 year is certainly not an issue, however.
  4. DreamtheGreen

I have clover, some violets,spurge,dandelions and a few others. Last year spot treating with redzone, everything was turning and fried in a couple days. Maybe my mix is not potent enough. I try to go by the instructions on the bottle. I try not to put more then too much mainly cuz of burning issues.
  5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Stuff will last a long time. More is NOT better. Try using a lighter rate. Was the lawn dry when applied? Weed control will not work if weeds are drought dorment. Did it rain too soon after app? Rain will wash weed control off plants before it can work. Good luck.
  6. DreamtheGreen

I know not to use too much in my tank. yes it was dry, no drought here. It rained 2 days later. I sprayed again today will see what happens.