1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How long it takes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn crafters, Jul 21, 2008.

1. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

how long is your crew or a solo at a house for a cut and edge?
  2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Anywhere from 12 minutes to 2 hours for me, solo. Thats edge, trim, cut and blow.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You know, they say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I swear....

How big is the job? What kind of grass is it? How long is the grass? What kind and how many mowers are you using? When was the last time the grass was cut? What height are you cutting it at? Is there edging? Is there trimming? How much of each? Are there any slopes? How steep and or long are they? How many planting beds are there and how big are they? Do they need to be edged every time? Do you get grass in the beds when you cut and does it need to be blown out? Is there any trash on the property? Are there any fences and how long and what type are they?

The questions go on and on.

This question cannot be answered.
  4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how many hotties are in the pool or sunbathing.
  5. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I really just answered to get my post count 1 higher...this is such an open ended question what really are you going to benefit from knowing how long it takes other people to do work?
  6. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

I agree with richard martin, there are so many factors that it is ignorant to ask such a vast question.
  7. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

How long is a piece of string!!!
  8. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

Between half an hour and half a day, depending on a myriad of variables.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Richard Martin makes a very valid point, which determines our time on our accounts. But...still

I think it's a great question...to know what kind of production us lco's have, is a big deal in my eyes. I know if I'm running top of the line hydros, and someone else is running 21's and still has more production..I know something is wrong.

5-45 minutes for resis...most are around 15-20 min. I have a few front yard only's that I blast through.

30 min to 1.5 hrs on my 3 commercial.
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

80% of my residential accounts take 22 minutes for 2 guys to mow/edge/trim/blow. We have a timer in the truck, and put the time on a chart. Of course, the time changes with the seasons, but its pretty consistent.