How long of wait

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tyner Lawn Service, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I know the residential market very well and how it works however I put bids out on 4 commercial companies with assorted properties in January. I have followed up twice and was very cordial and had a good meeting with all of them. My problem is why do they take so long to make up their minds and wait until the last minute to notify you. I have heard a lot of guys telling me the same thing. In your area do you have to wait long for replys???

2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

PS I also gave them very informative bids broken down to a exact but understandable bid or bids.

3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I have hda the same problem the past few years, they waited atleast a month and wanted it done the next day, it was very frustrating but they are very profitable so don't hold your breathe but be happy when they call, it just takes time, atleast it did for me
    AK Lawn

4. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The average here is 2-3 months from bid due date. Has been as long as 9 months. From time to time they are locked into a certain contract and waiting for it to end before replacing. When I meet with Commercial point of contacts, I usually see what stage they are in so I get a feel of when they are changing over. All say they will call either way..............never has one called if I didn't get the bid. :rolleyes: