how long or how many hr's will a air cool engine last ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

I HAVE A HUSTLER MOWER,,2007 19 HP KAW,, WITH A 42 INCH MINI -Z HOW LONG WILL IT LAST AS FAR AS HOURS GOES,, BEFORE I HAVE TO REPLACE THE ENGINE,HYDRO'S MAJOR ,, PARTS ON THIS MACHINE... WHAT IS THE LIFE TIME ON THIS EQUIPMENT?BEFORE I HAVE TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW MACHINE?,,,,,:hammerhead:

2. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Ive seen them last anywhere from 1000hrs to 3000hrs.It all depends how ur machine is maintained and who uses, owner/operaters get a lot more hours then if the mower was on a crew.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

when I first seen this post, I nearly fell outta my chair.

there is simply NO way for anyone to tell you.

there is however a "life expenancy" on all equiptment.

you should have inquired this information before purchasing,

contaic your dealer and he will tell you

4. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone once said on here that a good rule of thumb or formula is figure 100 hours for every horsepower the engine has. Just from what ive read on here I would say 2,000 to 2,500 hours on the engine (with proper servicing of course). Don't really know about the pumps. I heard after 1200 hours it's kind of a toss up whether or not you'll be replacing them anytime soon. I had an 07' Hustler Fastrac last year that I bought new, put about 75 hours on it in 2 months time. I went out in the garage one day and there was a puddle of hydro fluid on the ground under the trailer. I took it to a dealer and he replaced one of the pumps on it (free because it was under warranty). He said there was a screw on the bottom of the pump that they put on with impact guns at the factory and someone probably over torqued it when putting it in. It was stripped I guess.

5. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course your machine is a Mini Z, which has commercial pumps and what not, whereas, my Fastrac was residential grade. I sold it a long time ago. It was a nice little mower, my business just outgrew it.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Take care of (it) will take care of you.:waving: