How long should I expect to be able to work each day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnmowingperson, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Lawnmowingperson

Lawnmowingperson LawnSite Member

I am using a push mower and I was wondering how long I should expect to be able to work each day? How long do you work with a Push mower?

2. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

you're asking ppl on a message board about YOUR stamina and endurance?
    dude, you should delete this post

3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I know you're just getting started but I would recommend you consider getting a used 36" WB in decent shape. They are not much more money than a new 21" commercial mower. Way more productive so you can do more in a days time.

4. Lawnmowingperson

I asked after how long YOU work each day with a push mower

5. K&L Landscaping

I have no frame of reference because I don't use a 21" mower all day. In actuality, they are the most unused pieces of equipment on my trailer.

I will take a wild guess at it though. I'm 39 years old and literally in the best shape of my life. Personally, I would think I could work a solid 8-9 hours with a 21" if I had to.

6. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree :laugh::dizzy::wall:clapping::angry::laughing:

7. maybe a good six or seven minutes, somedays maybe nine minutes then somedays none.

8. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

okay, i'll answer your question.
    i work 1 hour a week with a push mower, for a couple islands that i do.

the point is.....
    no1 is going to be able to answer that question for you and make it relevant to your situation. how big are the lawns? are you in shape or fat? any heart problems? allergic to anything? can you be in the sun all day? are you a teen? in your 20s? 30s?

do you live with your parents? or do you have a family to support? cause 'motivation' will help you cut more lawns a day as well.

9. K&L Landscaping

This just about sums it up! I still say find a used walkbehind and you want need an answer to this question.

10. Lawnmowingperson

At the end of my post I asked how long do YOU work each day with a push mower