How long to cut 2 acre lots w/60"?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CP Estates, Mar 16, 2006.

1. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

I've got a 60" Gravely zero turn and I'm looking for a realistic time to cut a 2 acre lot. There are a number of trees (maybe 15 - 20) and obviously the house and driveway need to come out. So if it ends up being about 1 1/2 acres of grass, can I get a few opinions on time?

Thanks!:waving:

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

About 2x's the time it takes to cut a 1 acre lot:laugh:

Well, it's true. Are you looking at just cutting, I would say about 1/2 an hour with out looking at it but trees and the way it is lay-ed out will have a lot to do with it.
    Wide open and in a straight line with no turns you can do about 6 acres of grass. With turns and bumps about 3 per hour so 1.5 acres should be about 1/2 hour but with a 30-40% margin of error. And this is just cutting no trimming or edging.

3. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

So, realistically to complete the job and do it well, I'm looking at about 1.5 hours including cutting, trimming, blowing etc.?

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

How fast you gonna go? how well do you want it to look?

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

HOW DEEP IS THE GRASS:weightlifter:

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

A lot of factors involved here. How many bushes and trees to go around, what kind of grass and how fast. Does it need to be double cut? I have a 2 acre lot of bahia (every lco worst nightmare) that takes me about an 1 and twenty minutes to do because I have to go slow and the grass is rough to cut. Will be knee high in a week! Good thing about it though is it is a wide open no weedeating lot.

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I would probably say 1.5 hours or so, depends on alot of how rough the lawn is.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We can cut a mowable one acre commercial property in about an hour with three people. But that includes all of the extras as well...garbage pickup, trimming, etc. With two mowers going (Z and 48WB) we basically have it cut in 20-30 minutes. I would say the 1.5hr given was a pretty good estimate.

Again, a lot depends on the situation and the assumptions which are way too long to list.

9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

faster than a 48'' lol

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...Ok, realistically (and this is just based on an average), It takes me approx. 20 minutes to mow a half acre lot (standard subdivision lot) with an fair amount of trees, house, shed, etc.. This is done with a 60" Lazer. So, I would think a 2 acre lot would be right around 1 hr. 20 minutes. Now, this is just mowing...this is before any trimming. I hope this helps...