1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How long to get 1000 customers??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hobbsd, Apr 28, 2008.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

How long did it take you to get 1000 application (fert and weed) customers? From the time you started till the time you got that many.

All ears!
  2. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy Crap Dude! A 1000!!! I would be happy if I could get a 100. I only do the fert and squirt for my customers and a few extras. Still, with about 60 customers, at about $38 per app, and about 5 hours of work, not to bad in my mind. My lawns are 50X100 on avarage, in case you were wondering about the price:usflag:. Good luch in getting a 1000.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to start with 1?
    Then 2, and 3, and so on heh

Take your time, you know what I'm saying, slow down a little.

Yeah me too, lol
  4. superchad

superchad LawnSite Member

Took me two years, but I have over ten years in lawn care marketing. The worst part is trying to find dependable people to grow your company. Like every other year being the owner stinks out from sunup till sundown, while employees whine about how sore they are after working 8 hours. LOL.

Could someone tell mother nature to give us a break once in awhile. Sleet, Snow, Rain.:dizzy: Come on!
  5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

How to get 1000 customers ......buy 2000 off a competitor.
  6. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I agree on the weather

I'd like to ask you a question or two, but you don't have enough posts to PM to, Get your post count up! Or send me your phone, i'd like to give you a call!
  7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

wow 6o customers in 5 hours huh.:confused: do you use a crop duster?
  8. superchad

superchad LawnSite Member

I'm new to this site so real big on leaving my number on here. You can email your number to me at chadschulz1@aol.com. Be happy to answer any questions I can.
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Grow slow and build relationships with your customers! Focus on QUALITY and not QUANTITY!

Don't worry about the numbers!

If you do a good job they will come with time!

Why do you want a 1000 customers anyway?

It has taken me four seasons to get 330 customers and I now I wish I was smaller!
  10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

1000 customers would require you to be the "complaints and callbacks guy". Every customer expects something different and you would be the guy to deal with. If you enjoy listening to people with stupid questions on an hourly basis then I say go for it.