How long to move with bobcat?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PatriotLandscape, Jan 30, 2007.

1. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I have a bid I am putting together and was wondering if you could lend a hand. I need to fill an area that was once a pool. It will require approx. 200 yards of fill but access is limited to just having the bobcat in the backyard. I can dump the piles about 200 feet away but all the hauling is with the bobcat. I can't currently get a dump truck back there because of a tree. Any thoughts or ideas on how long it would take?

2. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I did one like that last year in about 5 hrs. I depends on how long it takes the truck to cycle. Also, are you going to compact the area? if you are that definetly adds alot of time at least another 5 hrs.

3. PatriotLandscape

from MA

the deliveries should come pretty quick. yes i will need to compact i'm actually rasing the grade 36 inches or so.

4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive done plenty of this kind of work and it all depends on the delivery of the fill. I use an excellent service that provides semi after semi and usally can do a job like that in one day. But I have driven a skid steer for many years

5. PatriotLandscape

from MA

thank you for the input

6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

if your able to get all the fill there.. no more then a day

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget to punch a bunch of holes the bottom for drainage, or you will just create a mud bowl.

8. PatriotLandscape

from MA

Good point thanks

9. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Might want to check your codes.. around here you cant fill in concrete pools anymore.. all the concrete has to be removed now.

10. PatriotLandscape

from MA

the concrete has already been removed.