How long to Mow 51 acres

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Zetsch, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Zetsch

Zetsch LawnSite Member

Im looking at bidding on a mowing job at first of year. Here is the deal, I have two Hustler super z with 60 inch cut decks. How long would it take me to mow 51 acres with my equipment? And also would it wear my mowers out quick?

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

As far as time I don't know. I bet you're in the 40,000 / year range though. Sweet account. Good luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Zetsch

Zetsch LawnSite Member

The person that does it now gets 75000 a year. Nice chunk a change if you ask me.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

how rough is the land and how fast can you go. Multiply the MPH x wide of the mower X .7 for overlap.

5. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say 4-6 hours given the information you provided.

6. Zetsch

Zetsch LawnSite Member

The property is pretty much flat and wide open. As far as how rough it is idk. Its at a factory. Its looks ok, but that can be deceiving.

7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Oh wow. Definetly. Hell yes mr sir
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

I have a account that is 38 acres. Im able to do it in 3 sections.witch is good because it hard to keep your guys focus more then 2 hours at a time imo

9. Zetsch

Zetsch LawnSite Member

I just wonder how long it would take to mow it with two people on mowers and two on trimmers. Its a lot of property, Just trying to get a ball park figure.

10. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

thats what i use 2 mowing 2 trim 38 acres in about 7 hours if we did it all in one shot but we run 52s