How long to mow, trim and go?...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Josh.S, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering how long it would take to mow and trim this property, with 1 guy. Also with 2 guys. I want to know the time with a walk behind, also if you have a property this size to compare it to, please state the size of your walkbehind. It takes about 13 minutes with my setup and 2 guys.

Well I was thinking of starting a 1-2 man crew, with a flatbad 1/2 truck, Quick36 (or Simplicity 34"). Then I would have a big, and small property crew.

This is about the average size of my small (mow and go) yards so I figured I could get some numbers off of it. It seems inefficient to drive around $20k of equipment to do a $25 lawn. Most of my lawns are much larger than an acre, although I have picked up a few of these small town lawns. I was thinking about direct mailing these small lawns.

Thanks..

pic 1 (640 x 480).jpg

pic 2 (640 x 480).jpg

pic 3 (640 x 480).jpg

2. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

That lot looks a little less then .50 of an acre. It would take me about 45 min by myself and abut 25 with 1 other person.

We are using 2 36in mowers w/velkies and the necessary commercial trimmer, edger, and blowers.

We normally charge about $55 to mow .50 of acre lots. This year I'm considering increasing it to $60.

Hoped this answers you question.:)

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I cut w/ my 61" most of the time. I go in a different direction every week so it has a cross pattern to it. It would take me probably 30 max. Mow, trim, edge, & blow.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Just from the pics and without knowing exact size, with my 48" Toro it would take roughly 15-20 just to cut it...
    Maybe as little as 10, but I kinda doubt it, 25 is just as likely.
    Another 10-15 to weedtrim, and 5-10 to blow.

So, 40 minutes?
    Not much less with the 60" Z, maybe 5 minutes less cutting.

p.s.: At least you service average yards, too.
    After you see all the pics on here, from time to time I get to wondering if I'm the only one :laugh:
    Thou in actuality, that turf probably turns right lush during the season.

5. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

That would take me about 45m 1person, it's flat and open so I would use the 72in. With 2 people 30 tops to mow trim edge and blow.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I have average quality lawns too, I just don't brag about them. They're at least still a decent size though.

7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

In my area its hard to find nice lawns like the northern guys have. All my stuff is average a few are nicer though

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

This is a 60" ZTR job. 45 minutes MAX for one man to mow blow and go. Roundup under that fence too!!

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You acctually want to mow that?? I'd would of drove right past that house!!

10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I wish I could charge that much money and be in business, nobody here would pay that. The industry where you live must be completely different than mine.

Yeah I only have a few of those small accounts. Mostly mine are around 1+ acre. There is an area around this account that isn't really targeted by most LCO's, and they are all nicer homes than this one.

That account looks bigger than it is, I would say .3 acres. I can be in and out in 20 minutes by myself.

It is a friend of my parents house, it is a really easy, low quality, mow and go type job. The lady likes it that way.