how long to overseed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bluemoon, Mar 6, 2003.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Customer called wants me to overseed next fall. She states she put down 2 days ago (3-4-03) a Scotts fertilizer/crabgrass preventer. She isn't sure exactly which product, just knows it was Scotts. The hardware store told her to put down another round of this stuff in late May or early June. If she does will it be ok to overseed the first of Sept.?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Bluemoon

2. need to find out what product used exactly and how much applied per 1000. If you only apply one application in early march it should be ok to overseed in early sept. ONLY way to know for sure is to research!!! Don' t apply again in may unless you know exactly what and how much was applied in march, And how much you are going to apply in May. Different pre emerge have different length of control, and this can vary depending on amount applied per 1000. I wouldn't overseed that clients lawn ( with or without a guarantee) unless I made any future pre emerge applications!!! You need to research this!!!