How long to wait to aerate?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RickR1818, Oct 23, 2007.

1. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Just have a quick question. We have had some rain for the past day and I am supposed to do some aerations on Thursday. I just wanted to see if that is too soon to aerate after rain or not.

Thanks!!

2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

If you are asking this question you shouldn't be aerating because you haven't got a clue how to do it.

3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

wow nice of you to help him out

aeration works really well after a little rain, too much rain can make it very difficult to pull the plugs out without tearing the turf.

how much rain did you get?

4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, yesterday we got over an inch and it has rained all day today. I had planned on going out on Thursday but it is supposed to rain thurs - friday. Looks like I will go out on Mon to give it a couple of days to dry out.

5. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

good idea, if you had more than an inch already if you can delay it slightly do so

6. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

wow! guess everybody needs to make sure they know everything before they ask a question:laugh: smart people ask questions when they dont know something.

7. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

The only dumb question is one that is not asked. At least he is asking before doing something he 's not sure about. Lighten up a little, I'm sure you were in his shoes at one time or another.

8. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

2 Old Leisure Lawn Rules of Aerating: Aerate when you don't hear it go " squish " under your feet anymore. And don't aerate dog poop and bring it back in for repair!

9. task125

task125 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I like this site,but can't stand some of the people.This is the starting a landscape business forum ???

10. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Josh,

Go see Ann and take your frustration out on her.