1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Long Will It take You to cut 100 Houses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasshopperslawn, Feb 6, 2008.

1. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just want to know how long it will take some of you guys to cut 100 houses all in the same Subdivision with the lot sizes being 15000 sq ft and under.

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

25 hrs or 1,500 minutes or 90,000 secounds :laugh:

3. grasshopperslawn

i want to do it in 25 hours with a crew of 4 which includes myself

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

What equipment will you be using? 25 hours for 4 people sounds like too much to me.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree - to much time spent with 4 guys - unless your push mowen everything which could the case but then you need to charge accordingly which then again, if you under contract for x amount for all these homes - then you need to re-think your time frame, buy larger equipment or change your routing to be more effiecient.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

What month are you talkign about?

7. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

I did 40 accounts last season on Friday's with a 3 man crew in 8-9 hours. They were in three subdivisions right next to each other. Most were done with 21" honda's with a few done with a 42" Walker. I loved Friday's- my most profitable day of the week!! Hope this helps- good luck

8. grasshopperslawn

1 48" Rider and 1 34" rider 2 backpack blower and 2 weedeaters plus an edger.
    I did not think it was too much it took me with 4 people including myself to do 26 in 6 hours. All in the same sub division.

9. grasshopperslawn

Between the months of June - August and down here it get so hot that the heat really plays a factor.

10. grasshopperslawn

When it's cool it's a breeze to do