How long will one of these babies last?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by FIRESCOOBY, Mar 21, 2006.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Granted alot depends on use, maintenance, LUCK, etc. I maintain EVERYTHING I own like crazy. I am very anal about maintenance.

I'm looking at the the LAZER Z HP 56" with 23 Kaw aand Lazer Z 60/27 Kohler, among other manufacturers.

I am BRAND NEW in this, actually haven't even started yet. Just shopping. Don't know how many accounts I'll end up with, so don't know how many hours I'll be putting on it per week/month/year.

Is there a "benchmark" like 1000 hours, 1500, etc that people heve been obtaining?

2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

i got 2500 hrs. out of my 27 hp kohler

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My dad and I had a BOBCAT Z Rider with a 22hp Kohler and a 52" deck that we got 3,524.8 hours out of before we traded it in. Always greased daily and the oil changed weekly. It was a year 2000 machine with 5 seasons of usage on it.

4. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

Easy on the grease. Check with your local shop or owners manual before overgreasing. If you don't have release ports (I don't believe eXmark does) you will burn out your bearings.

5. lakewood2

lakewood2 LawnSite Member

If you become convinced that the engine choice is a toss-up go USA but regardless of which one you buy - most importantly make certain it has a Heavy Duty (Large Canister) Air Cleaner on it.

6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3000 on my Walker and it is running great (original engine). People just get scared and trade way too early in my opinion. I plan to get 5000 hours, and yes, it might take a new engine and 2 new Hydros to do it, but that is cheaper than 11,000 DOLLARS!!!