How long???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Another question for you guys. How long do you continue to do fall cleanups, into the late part of the season. I have about 6 clients with large oak trees on their props that have about 30-40% of the leaves still on them. I have other clients whose trees are all dropped, but still have some leaves on them each week, and so far, I've been doing all of my clients every week. How long before you guys call it quits for the season? I mean, some of these oak trees could be dropping for another month. Would you give it another week or so, then cleanup the rest (that fall after the final cleanup) of the leaves in the spring? What would you do?:waving:

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Ill continue to do clean ups as long as there is no snow on the ground. Be it December or January.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I go till i run out of cleanups or go till we get snow that stays, which ever comes first, looks like the snow may win out this year.
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, in Upstate, NY (my other house) they're supposed to get 6-12" of snow over the next few days. I'd imagine you'll get snow in NH. Here in Northern, NJ we're acutally only supposed to get a rain/snow mix which will hopefully melt (if we even get any snow at all) by the time it's time for me to get back to cleanups (next Monday) after my Thanksgiving break (going skiing at Killington, VT:cool2: :cool2: :blob3: for Thursday thru Sunday).
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

This year i plan on going until theres snow on the ground.It never hurts to have that extra money coming in.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I always go up until there is snow on the ground. I have done clean ups here before in December
  7. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

until they are done or snow...sometimes it seems like we just got done working and the next season is already starting...I am ready for the break..
  8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

My agreements state they get approximately 3 visits (for leaves). Approximately 2 visits before Thanksgiving and 1 final visit after Thanksgiving.
    We have finished December 5th the last two years and the next day we were doing snow.
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i think i'm done i have one or two lawns that i'm going to go to around my house and ask if they want a cleanup. then it's on to snow
  10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

here in fla we clean up leaves till may!