how long

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by calsconstruction, Feb 28, 2010.

1. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

sounds like you need to start at 0600 til nite fall & find one guy just to weedeat all day & give him $150 +/-. The weedeat man want be worth nothing at the end of the day, but if you do have to come back the next day, it could be only you just finishing up cutting.

2. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

here is a manufactures formula for how much you can cut in an hour. (width of cut x your speed)/120 = acres per hour

3. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

15 acres with a walker?? no thanks

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

whats the 120 for?

5. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

man i have to agree, even with the speed up kit thats going to take a while, good luck with that man

6. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I think its for 120 seconds per minute after you do all the actual math conversion units.... but I'm probably wrong. I used to be good at math, but Im just getting older & dumber it seems.

I got the formula from a husqvarna book that said productivity was that formula (times 80% efficiency). So if I have a 61" cut width & a top speed of 10 mph the answer would be like this. (61x10)/120 = 5.1 acres per hr. But then you would need to multiply that times 80% to get a base average per hour (4.1 acres for that example). Meaning, who will cut there maximum width & speed all day long cause there will be some overlapping of the next pass.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

If the property was flat with minimal obstructions, just mowing it should take you 8-9 hours nonstop mowing.