How make the right "color" stripe everytime.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Oct 11, 2011.

1. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny how i have been cutting for the longest and just figured out this new "trick"

I hate it when i do to double cut a lawn or double cut one pass then i end up making the white stripe dark. Then i end up having 2 dark stripes instead of one..... Everyones been there!

Just realized if you go with the white stripe every time your lawn will stripe uniformly every time.

So you go up on the white stripe, Once you get to the top you go down on the white stripe then it ends up looking like this!:

[​IMG]

I dont know.... just thought it was cool
    Maybe i will take pics tomorrow.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

How long you been cutting elmer? I shake my head
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

Lol i know i couldn't believe it. i was almost kicking myself!

Off and on for about 7 Years..... Been in school For landscape architecture, and Worked in the Shop at a landscaping company. When im not making designs for customers of course.

Recently finished school and am a Full time architect but as things have been getting slow boss has told me to pick up the "sticks" (controls) and start cutting with the lawn crews.

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

wow, you are good!

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Senior Member

yea, i just got the color thing down a few days ago also.

took alot of practice.

stripes2.jpg

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

lol Dont be mean to me....I knew someone would benefit from this info...we just have to find that person.......

Lol At least i have a somewhat good excuse since i dont cut 24/7 like others of you guys do. Im not usually in the field so.... And how many times you you actually double cut a lawn..

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

WTF??? You just figured out that the light stripe is the direction you're looking and the dark one is the opposite? I can't imagine mowing without knowing this. Really? One thing for sure, I'm letting you design anything for me...5 years from now he says..."hey I just figured out a cool trick, if you support a load bearing wall it won't sag."

Reminds me of a college friend when she suddenly reached the realization that "W" wasn't "doubleya" but was "double U" as in 2 Us strung together, lol.

Really? You just figured this out?

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Now wait a minute LOL. I had to read this 4 times to make sure I wasn't missing something. ..... You just figured out how to stripe?

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

And next weeks lesson will be how to alternate directions for double cuts!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Dude! Why in the ham and cheese would you admit that here LOL?!?:eek::eek::hammerhead:
    You're gonna take the heat now bro.:blob2: