How many accounts do you have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Angelski28, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Angelski28

Angelski28 LawnSite Member

Simple question. How many accounts do you have and how many hours a week do you put in to complete the work? How many workers do you have if any, and how many lawns per day is your goal?

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Accounts meaning mowing? Or strictly fert? Or total customer list that you do work for sometime during the season?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Weeder's Lawn Enforcement

Weeder's Lawn Enforcement LawnSite Member

I am only part time and this is my first year. My goal was a dozen or so and so far I have gained 7 accounts. I was fortunate enough that 2 of the 7 not only want weekly mowing but also want decent sized 1 time landscape jobs done. I hope to add no more than 20 total. Also, I am a single man company.

4. Angelski28

Angelski28 LawnSite Member

An example would be:

I have 20 lawn accounts. Per week I spend 10-12 hours doing lawns by myself. I try to do 3 lawns a day during a 5 day work week.

5. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

62 lawns a week, takes 3 full days to do if where working hard enough usually 12hr days and maybe a 4th day if were behind. I try to make atleast $550 per day working 2 guys on the crew. Sometimes i make more but my monthly income on my accounts is altittle over $8,000. I don't want anymore lawn work than that. I like to spend 3 days a week doing landscaping.

6. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

40 lawns per week....solo....mow 3 days,10-11 hr per day ....remainder of time... all forms of landscaping,property maintenance, and lawn programs....usually 3, 10-12 hour days.

7. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

infinity accounts:cool2: but i have 13 commercial accounts and this year about 25-30 res. It will take me 4 days to cut with a 4 man crew and 2 trucks with about 10 hrs a day.

8. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

5 accounts. Takes me about half of a saturday to service them. Give or take? :)

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

One guy has 20 lawns a week to service and gets paid $900 for doing them.
    The next guy has 6 lawns a week to service and gets paid $900 for doing them.
    Another guy has 12 lawns a week to service and gets paid $900 for doing them.
    Here's another guy with 1 lawn a week to service and gets paid $900 for doing it.

They all spend about the same amount of time each week to service them.

I'd imagine you get the point that these questions are irrelevant with way to many variables to answer. It's not about how many accounts you have.

10. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

Very true. My 13 commercial accounts are quivelant to about 190 res accounts. The largest at $1,300 a cut with edge.