1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many accounts do you service?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by rusty_keg_3, Jul 15, 2009.

How many accounts do you have?

1. 1-10

2. 11-25

3. 26-50

4. 61-100

5. 100 and up

1. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

912, 8 crews
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

65 over here........
  3. I really don't know.
  4. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any one else????????
  5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

55-60 residential and 2 large commercial most of the year - a good number of those being basically full-service (mowing, planting, mulching, shrub work, fert, etc.) Lost one commercial account, but through Sep. I was still doing over 50 weekly plus the 2 1/2 acre commercial. Solo 3 days a week, part time employees 2 days.

Looking to expand near 70-80 and then start shaving off the unproductive accounts.
  6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we average about 100-150 per location
    with 20 locations
    1 of those locations maintains 500 accounts but only counts it as 1 account.

we are plainning to add 15 new locations as a 1 - 2 man per location by spring we are hopping for a 30 account average/ per for the first year . we are already at 3% profit margin with 14 accounts per location signed contract, so all we can do is grow .
  7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Started down here in Feb. of this year - 36 weekly clients - Solo - Planned growth by spring of next year is to be roughly 50-55, maybe slightly more as my son will be twelve and is wants to do this, so I will allow him to used equip on weekends. Kid is going to have some cash built up by the time he is 16.
  8. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

so you mow the entire US? OR you subcontract?
  9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking the same thing. I am thinking they must be involved with a franchise spray company and when they are referring to servicing a lawn they mean spraying not mowing.
  10. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we are a solo owned company we are a full service company except at startup where we are mow and blow to get the accounts . we hire a local guy to the location we want to serve and set it up alot like a franchise and let them go from there. We pay or the advertising and the equipment ect and control the overall standings of the locations. we require them to go to our monthly meetings , have their own weekly performance standards meetings ect. we are growing outwards in tennessee only and at this point have no plans to go national . we have 3 office managers west,central and east tennessee they actually handle every call for their areas , every town in their area's call the same number we sub out spraying and fert untill the demand is high enough and then they get certified and off they go.

Ponder this ........ if a location gets behind due to rain another area helps them catch up it is fun to watch them scramble after a week of rain