How many accounts do you take on ..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Todd's lawncare, May 2, 2005.

1. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

A new ad in the paper saying only 12 openings left . How many do you do be for you stop taking them ? Or do you take as many that calls and hire more people/crews ?

2. Rob's landscaping

Rob's landscaping LawnSite Member

I take as many as I can. Got about 50 new ones this year. Just work 7 days a week 12 hours days.

3. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

How many did you have

4. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I realized that there is alot more to life than working my ass off. Last year I took on everything that I could from yards, to trees, to irrigation installs and repairs. I don't see how people work 7 days a week. This year I am only mowing. I have about 60 yards 50 are weekly 6 are 10 day and the other 4 are 2 week. I do my 50 weekly yards on Tues, Wed, Thurs. The 10 days alternate back and forth between monday and friday and the 2 weeks are on mondays. That give me a 3 day weekend every other week and normally a 1/2 day work on monday. All my other time is spent out on the lake. I might not make a 6 figure income, but the 30 hour work week is sure nice. :D

5. Rob's landscaping

Todd,
    Last year around 100 this year 150. I'm taking as many as I can so when I sell this business it's worth something this is to much work it's better staying small. I make the same amount of money doing 50 0r 150 after paying all the help.

6. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

How many crews ?

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I started a thread along these same lines last year. Can't remember the title, maybe Just Say No? I have a hard problem saying no to a new account that is beside 4 others I do. I haven't advertised in 10 years, and I'm maxed out in terms of accounts I can handle. How do you turn down a cupcake yard? When you are already in the hood? I normally don't, and getting these cupcake accts allows me the option to drop undesirables next year.

8. Rob's landscaping

two crews one starts at 10-7 the other one 7-3

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I guarantee you that is nothing but a sale pitch is all. Same as 10% Off or First Cut Free. They are simply trying to make people think their company is that much in demand is all that is.

10. LawnScapes of P-Town

LawnScapes of P-Town LawnSite Member

You are going to get burned out so fast that you wont have time to see what happened.

Good luck with the 24/7 attitude.