1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many accounts for 1 man show?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CustomKare, Apr 1, 2007.

1. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many accounts you solo workers balance?

I have 30 and a full time job. How do you do it?
  2. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

I have 72...Running 12 hrs days 5 days a week...Rainy weeks send me into saturday.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All depends on the level of service, size of the lots, etc...

You can have 100 cut-and-blow postage stamp 1/8th acre lots and do about the same gross-wise as someone with 28 full-service accounts in the 1/4 - 3/4 acre range or thereabouts.

Me, I float between 40 and 55, 1/4 acre to 1.5 acres in size, some full service others cut-and-blow.
    I do them one at a time in a neat and orderly fashion, some get done monday, some more tuesday, and so on.
  4. Loyds Lawn Service

Loyds Lawn Service LawnSite Member

So what time do you start in the morning ? I have 10 and try to knock out two in the mornings and have to be at my full time job at 300pm. I am also a solo operator.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

This is where I'm at, but mine probably average about 1.5 acres each, and I do all the chemical apps on them as well.
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

You may be a bit shy on the specifics. What mowers do you run? How big are the accounts? I have 19 accounts. My wife and I mow. They range from a double lot to a 22 acre, a 13 1/2 acre area and others and a 40 acre (14 areas) spread out over 120 miles - it adds up to 100 acres per week.
    I am mowing 1/2 time for now, and will be full time starting the 2009 season.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

No more being a dentist Brad?
  8. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Averaged around 50 last year. Going to 60 this year.
  9. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

I average about 105 lawns by myself. I might have 5 postage stamp size houses in my whole route. It all depends on how spread out your lawns are too. 3 of my days I don't think I drive more than 2 miles per day. Also I have atleast 2 lawns per stop.
  10. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I do 65 avarage track homes in three and a half days a week.:weightlifter: