How many accounts have you picked up in a yr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.TX, Dec 19, 2006.

1. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I wanted to know what is the most residential accounts you have picked up at the beggining of any one season and what advertisments you used and what worked the best. I plan on mailing out 5000- maybe 10000 advertisments middle of febuary but i want to be prepared for how many lawns i may pick up. I picked up about 45 customers with about 1500 door hangers first of this season. Just dont know what the mail will bring.
  2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that from my years in other businesses I can honestly say it doesn't matter if it's door hangers or mail outs you'll get about a 2-3% response rate. This coming year I'll be shifting from door hangers to advertising in the various community newsletters. The costs will be less and while some people don't read them, I believe it's a better form of reaching your target.
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Picking up 45 customers with 1500 door hangers is really impressive. Thats the best response rate I have heard from on LS.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Have never advertised in 13 years. All new work by client referral. Just bought out one LCO and looking at 2 others. If ya can't beat the competition, then buy em IMO :)
  5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one out this year. All high end accts. I made 4-5 times what I paid for them this year alone. Very loyal clients, never question billing. Basically, I can do whatever I deem necessary to maintain their properties. As they are lakeside properties, they are usually only there on weekends. Good post.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

as you should!

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

Im with Rodfather, all our work is from referals and were looking @ buying out another co. they only have 30 accts