how many accounts in the first year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr mow, Apr 27, 2006.

1. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

this is my first year mowing for myself and i have 8 accounts, 5 in the last 2 days! im happy so far. is this good? how many did all of you get in your first year? mine are all residentials. one condo assc. im still very optimistic, my phone has been ringing like crazy of course when i have been mowing. i have to more im waiting on to get back to me that i did today.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that's good, my high was 20 in my first year but I inherited some from a friend who got into something else. keep going thou, don't stop now lol

3. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

393 accounts at the end of last service year. Lost 10% over winter. Dropped another 15% to make routes more profitable with the higher gas prices.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

we started another mow company and just passed out a few flyers is all for ads as an experiment. so far 50 are signed up for that service and we turned down 20 more cause we were short on help at the time. still getting calls everyday. less than 1 month into experiment. just might sweep all of nwa with it and run all the desperate lawnboys out of biz.

5. mr mow

not buying it 383 or 50 in a month. sorry i asked. must have some pretty good marketers.

6. mr mow

even better 393 dont want to take away credit....right?