How many accounts?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Oct 14, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

How many accounts do most of you guys have and what are the average sizes? Do you guys also do tree and shrub too?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have about 450 accounts .
    My goal is 1,000

3. J & M Lawn Care

J & M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

50 accounts 11 months in on 1st year

4. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

About 500 accounts - average size is around 9,000 sq ft. We have about 50 tree and shrub accounts, 50 structural perimeter pest control accounts and
    about 20 flea and tick control accounts.

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Approx. 600 lawn app. customers and about 100 veg. control accounts. Mainly tank farms and the like. I send tree requests to a local arborist. I dinked around with it, but turf is what I know and love.

6. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have about 1600 residential and about 200 commercial. Total acerage about 900. Average house about 10K, commercial.... varies from 5k to 35 acres. We do some tree/shrub work, maybe 50-60 accounts. Just got into that this past year.

7. Ford's Lawncare

Ford's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I only have 25, but I'm still in school. I also sell firewood on the side. After this year when I finish up with school, I hope to go all out on lawns. I am not sure how it will work in that first year or two, to make full time work out of it. I guess I will just have to take on more jobs of everything (spring,fall cleanup, mulching, garden beds, ect.) to make up for a full weeks work.

8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Did I write 450 , I meant 950 accounts
    :rolleyes:

9. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Boy do I feel small. I only have around 20. This is my first year doing apps and these were my guinea pigs. I hope to pick up quite a few more next year and convert my existing customers to go with me. Most of them have the TrueGreen is the best mentality burned into their brain.

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i have 157 accounts. the average lawn is (last time i did the math) 16,500