How many accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ChevHayes, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ChevHayes

ChevHayes LawnSite Member

Just curious to see how many accounts you all are taking care of this season. Also is it more or less than last season?? I have 63 residentials this year, i had 68 last season so i lost 5.( no biggie it was in my favor anyway)

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I am sporting 33, many residentials are more than 4 acres 1 commercial that takes a whole day by its self and 5 other commercials, including a pizza hut.......... free lunch lol

oh and thats more than last year and not as many as next :)

3. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I have 63 now ranging in sizes from 1/3 to 4 acres. Mostly residential, 5 commercial including a mobile home park.

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm around 40 right now. earlier this year i had more than last season but i've lost some lately that put my numbers a little down.

one i fired because he hasn't paid all season and the other quit because she can't afford my services anymore.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

gained 2 lost 0

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 20 accounts right now. I started with 23 but three wanted to go to every other week at the beginning of the season so I gave them up. One acount I take care of is a townhouse complex that takes me 1 day. Its not been a ideal season to say the least. We have set a record for the hottest summer and are reaching drought records also.

7. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

currently 22 fulltime but I cant remember the last week that I mowed that many seems like every week some one needs a lawn mowed becuase they are on vacation, thier personal mower is broke down etc. I am happy to fullfill their request and usually charge more than a contracted cut, but not too much for I want to turn it in to a full time acct when they are no longer able to cut the lawn themselves. Properties that I cut range from less than 15 mins to mow trim and blow to over three hours to just mow. Fortunately this year less travel time between accounts has been helpfull depending upon more fulltime job whether I will try to take on more next year. This summer I tried to mow three days a week and landscape two days but at the busiest part of the year I was working 7 days a week for about a month.

8. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

I have 11 resi's and one commercial..Ive only been in business since march of 2010.

9. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

around 18 residential s for my first year

10. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

About 25 large accounts, mostly word of mouth customers. There are 3 that I do every other week. 3 Commercials.