How many accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ChevHayes, Aug 11, 2010.

1. cranbourne

cranbourne LawnSite Member

I have around 85 clients with 3 commercial
    around my work area residential lawns are very small compared to what most of you guys seem to do.
  2. ELS LLC

ELS LLC LawnSite Member

We run approx 120 res accounts per truck with two guys. They can do more but then we go over 40 hours. Keep the route very tight. Our average travel time between jobs is 2-5 minutes with some blocks having 4-6 houses in a row. Like my pops used to tell me tighter is better!
  3. aarons lawn

aarons lawn LawnSite Member

about 6 grand worth
  4. aarons lawn

aarons lawn LawnSite Member

you all cant base it on jobs what do they pay is what it comes down to i could have 10 jobs at 35 bucks or 1 at 350 bucks
  5. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

I am here in the Houston area. All my cuts are biweekly. Works good for me because I work nights week on week off. All my yards are during my off week. So I collect lawn checks and a check from the hospital.
  6. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

49 weekly and 30 bi weekly, So 64 a week with a part time helper. also doing 70 ferts and everything in between. Once spring gets going we'll pick up 5 or 10 more accts.
  7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Only 13 residential and 3 commercial, hoping to double that this year...
  8. greenacres2010

greenacres2010 LawnSite Member

last season we had 88 accounts mostly commercial running 2 crews but due to lack of decent workers thinking about dropping about 20 and quit putting up with the dopeheads
  9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

106 residential, 24 of them are duplex-triplex-quadplex. I also service 38 pools. Hoping to get 150 yards and another 30 pools this year and hire a full time employee. Just me and the wife right now, occasional her nephew when we do big sod jobs. No commercial and no desire to change that.:usflag:
  10. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Well I'm back. Still retained 90% of my 20 accounts from last year but still have 2 huge customers who haven't called me back yet.

How do you guys go about retaining your customers? Call? Letters? Just show up?

I am about to do my flyer campaign first in a target market for spring cleanups (heavy leaf neighborhood) about 250 flyers and then consistant lawn care flyers. I have been picking up a couple yards in the past week with my craigslist postings so hopefully that will pan out. I also hope to retain the 6 accounts I cut for my LCO friend. Those helped tremendously last year. I hate all these bi-weekly accounts but it's a must in my area.