How many accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ChevHayes, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Been flirting with 200 for a few years now we are adding a 3rd crew this spring so we will hopefully be flirting with 300 in 3 months.

2. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

In our 2nd full year now, we have 25 residential customers ranging from 1/4 acre lots to 8 acres. We've stayed close to the same number as last year, but our accounts this year are much more profitable than say the 18-20 we cut our first year. Looking to gain dozens in '12!

3. tlcmontreal

tlcmontreal LawnSite Member

480 with 3 crews, mostly residential. We pro-line the **** out of my city

4. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

10 weekly, 2 bi weekly and about 25 monthly mows for bank owned lots. Not to bad for just starting this year but am looking to double this if not triple it by next year. In a way i wish i was bigger but with college classes starting again this week and working another job part time some weeks i am thankful i only have this many customers because my head is already spinning thinking of how im going get all my jobs done.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

58 res with 3 comm. I lost ten from last year. Gained 12.

6. Turf Smarts

Turf Smarts LawnSite Member

I'm up to 300 accounts, but that's just fertilization, no maintenance. It's just me and one other person and we're shooting for 500 in 2012.

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

So about 100 per crew? How many men per crew?

We are at around 100 with one crew, 3-4 man crew.

8. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

FIRED! Yes I know what you mean.

Think they would like to work all week and not get a check?

Think we are viewed as a pest when they receive our invoice/statements. Had one account that was 12 mos past and after receiving check and cashing - dropped her. Just didn't go back, and yes she called,, but

9. JCResources

JCResources LawnSite Member

Eight total, four mowing, three fert, one commercial snow removal. This is my first year getting back in the lawn business. Had about 40 mowing accounts in Wichita in the late 90s.

10. fireman1173005

fireman1173005 LawnSite Member

156 spraying accounts, 13 mowing accounts