How many acres/hr with yor 60" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sooners, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I would be interested to know how many acres per hr. you can mow with your 60" ZTR? Also include the Brand and HP.? I think the avg. spec. is about 4.5 acres/hr @ 80% eff. at max speed. Come on guys lets hear it. No fishing-type exaggerations please.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

it would be pushing me to cut that much in an hour, tooo rough of lawns.

3. firekilr2

firekilr2 LawnSite Member

160z 60" Gravely 23 Kaw I have no idea where they get those numbers but it kind of makes me mad. I can do about 3.5 an hour. Rough guess. Gravely posts it at 6.8. No way. I do like the mower alot though.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

4.5 acres at 80% at maximum speed.
    Have you tried cutting at maximum speed on the average lawn?

Closer to 2-2 1/2 acres an hour is about reasonable for the average. We do get to about 3 acres/hr. on one particular 6 acre prop that is wide open on about half of it,but that is the exception rather than the rule.

During summer growth with a large open property that has relatively smooth turf I believe you can approach 4 acres per hour but that's pushing a bit............

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Single cutting around 4 per hour but I double cut a lot of my lawns so 2-2 1/2 acres and hour is about what I seem to get per mower.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Let me just add that it all depends on the type of properties that YOU are cutting, Every business has a different mix of lawns.
    A 2 acre lawn with 15 beds and a boatload of trees will obviously take longer than 2 acres of open golf course.

7. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I tend to agree with you guys on 2 to 2-1/2 acres/hr. I have a 60" Lazer w/23 hp Kohler. I can mow wide open on some of my larger lots, but with the turns and trees, etc. I have never ever approached the 4.5/hr.

I wanted to see what some of you thought because I'm bidding a job of 3 acres and at $50/acre that's $150. I'm really expecting to mow more like 1 acre per hour since it has some very steep hills. Plus it will be every 2 weeks. I don't see anyway that this could be mowed much quicker.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats how I feel on my lawns, they would just tear up the equipment if they went real fast.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I usually average 2 acres per hour but I have a couple that i can get to about 4 acres per hour but they are really smooth. I was told that some manufacturers derive those figures by just driving over a parking lot not actually cutting grass.

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I can mow a one acre, flat open field in just under 15 minutes.. So roughly 4 acres an hour if its flat and open.

I have a three acre lawn thats alittle bumpier, and has a few hills.. 1hr 18 mins including trimming.