How many applications r u doing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Feb 2, 2006.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I'm wandering how many apps everyone is doing per year? It seems the
    big guys are adding apps every year. Which makes more money.
    One day they will do 12 apps per year.I do 7 apps a year now.
    TGCL does 8 in my area.

2. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

I Know The Big Co. S --- Does A 4 6 8 Step Program Here In My Area,.i Did The Same Last Yr, But Am Going To Stay Away From 8 Step.. Last Yr We Had A Major Dry Summer Around Here..the Big Co's Kept Doing The 8 Steps No Matter What.. The Old Bottom Line..i Know I'll Be Picking Up There Cancels..

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I do 6 applications/year, March through Oct/Nov. The last one is just a winterizer. For my clients who are interested or who have had insect problems I offer an Additional Merit treatment. Only about 10-20 do it since I already include insect control on an as needed basis with my season package.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 5 from mid-March to late Oct. early Nov. I also offer merit grub control on fertilizer option instead of straight fert.

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I do six, was thinking of cutting to 5 because it would be easier to work around the weather when it gets too hot or dry.and you could still get good results with 5 qualiy apps. but decided to stay with 6 because I would need to increase prices, plus the increase in fert prices would add to the price and I want to be able to stay competitive when the big guys are doing 7-8 apps per year.

6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I guess it depends where u live. Are grass grows from april to oct.

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

6 applications 5 visits...