How many backpacks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cvlm, Aug 23, 2006.

1. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Any of you vets only using backpack sprayers and fert spreaders or is this possible so far all of my business has been small to medium residential with 2000 to 5500 sq feet of turf for the bigger one i have been using my motorized 4gal maruyama backpack sprayer. Also if this is possible to do business without a skid unit for awhile how many regular backpacks do you think i will need and how about a source or ideas for clean water supply thanks for any help you can give me yes i am lic just a newbie taking it slow and trying to do things right and by the book thanks.
    :usflag:

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Check out the Shurflo SRS 600. It's now the only one my guys want to use. Rechageable battery-powered backpack spray. Nothing better as of yet. Patent pending.

3. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Americanlawn, Where are you buying the battery powered sprayers and how many are you guys keeping on your truck:usflag:

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

5. ArizPestWeed

6. ArizPestWeed

I have made 6 like the ones above .
    I now keep 4 in my truck .
    I can change out the battery in 30 seconds and keep on working .

7. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Thanks Arizweedhead for the pictures great idea by the way where do you buy the squeeze and measure bottles that i see in the the back of your truck i have been looking for some and is that a pop up cover i would love to put one of those on my truck we have lots of theft around here i have had three backpack sprayers stolen this year and two of them where locked with a chain thanks for all your help its guys like you that make this site a great learning tool for us newbies .:usflag:

8. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Where might I find these backpacks other than Northern Tool? Thanks Terp

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

where do u get the battery for your sprayers? nice work i like that a lot

10. ArizPestWeed

They are comon , from the net , pumps too