How many bag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by razorman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

Hi just wondering how many of you bag? Here in the town I live in I think I am the only one who does on a regular basis. Is it worth it to bag? I have mostly older people who insist on having grass bagged,tried to convince them it does't need bagged all summer but they said they want it bagged all the time.Sure would be nice not to bag and mess with dumping every truck every day plus it would be a whole lot faster.Just wondering! Paul :waving:

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We bag 90% of our lawns. Much nicer look. :)

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

if you are the only one doing it, charge more than your comp on a typical lawn, or stop. i hate bagging.

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We only bag when absolutely needed, we mulch whenever possible....

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yepp same here.. no one cares wheather i bag or don't bag but the work looks alot better if its bagged..

6. charlies

from earth

i respectfully disagree. i think that in the long run, a properly maintained property looks better if the clippings are left. in the heat of summer, the clipping protect the root beds from drying out and the new stems from burning. and if the customers don't care, you can be danged sure that we are not going to pay our help to bag it.

7. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

We bag every one of our accounts but 2. The two that we don't bag are both large 20+ acre mowing jobs, one is the public school system and the other is a hospital complex. Everything else gets bagged, I think it looks much more professional. In the spring when everyone else is double cutting and so on and so forth I go across my lawns one time. The public in my area just expects their grass to be bagged, so we are setup to bag. I will do whatever they want as long as they are willing to pay. If they want the lawn mowed with a 21" mower and bagged then so be it as long as they are willing to pay.

8. charlies

from earth

don't you think the hospital or the school would be a trophy job for you, ones that really show off your work? why not make those look professional too? also, in the middle of summer, when it doesn't need bagging, and other lco's are mowin and goin, you are still bagging because you have let the customer know that it is alright to expect it.

and while they are going over a strip the second time, you are emptying the clippings. where do you put a full days worth of clippings while your driving around anyway?

then, while some lco's are home in the evening sipping beer, you are dumping clippings.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if the lawn really needs it, or the customer requests for it then I will bag

10. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

the only time we bag in the season at all, is when it comes to doin leaves.. Screw that extra **** people around here dont wanna pay for bag, but pay for double cut .. Cuz they water to much thats my 2 sense!