How many BAT's are there?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Jun 10, 2011.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I hope that means no more underground backflow preventers.

2. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Would love to be able to test. Legally can't here because of the plumbing unions and how they were able to get the laws in Illinois passed. Time to move?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

One of the few things I contributed to when I was with I.A. was to block that stupid-ass law in Illinois; an embarrassment to our trade. :hammerhead:

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I found a really old backflow device the other day. It was a ball valve tied into the potable line.
    Prevents backflow as long as it's closed. :rolleyes:

5. my guess is anybody who did service in N. TX would be thankful to have DCVAs in boxes. Too many freezes and can't really shut down systems in the winter. As long as you can get to the testcocks I don't have an issue with it.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

For one or all the official backflow testers out there, why not show us a copy of the paperwork you generate when you test a device?

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Lame.

I still have my cert. Not testing much. I think with a little hussle and marketing you make a little side biz for rainy days.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Keep that cert, as the mind rots and you don't do much testing, you'll have a hell of a time being re-certified. :dizzy:

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic