1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How many BAT's are there?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Jun 10, 2011.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have no clue, new to the leak detection site i belong to, if Lance Anderson designed it, it'll prolly work well for pools. i usually clean galvanized pipe with an excavator and a chain. Grip it and Rip it :laugh:

3. Irri-Light

Irri-Light LawnSite Member

I'm licensed, but rarely test anymore. I keep my CEU's current though. There are quite a few companies who only test around here and they have a good bit of work.

I wish all the cities who enforced back-flow inspection and testing were consistent throughout.

4. Irri-Light

Irri-Light LawnSite Member

I'm not sure why they wouldn't. When I was testing I always gave the customer a copy of the report and put all permit numbers on the invoice along with the results of the test.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I was mostly curious about what a tester writes up when the system uses antisyphon valves.

6. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Part of our regs is that you have to leave a copy of the test with the backflow at all times. We put them in sandwich bags and tape them to the backflow.

I send a copy to the water district, city, HO on every test.

7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Nothing, you don't test an AVB so you don't fill anything out.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

....and now you know why I especially like antisyphon valves

9. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Yeah, they're awesome. Since you can't test them, you never really know if they're working...

10. Besides looking hokey