How Many Blowouts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JB926, Oct 24, 2006.

1. JB926

JB926 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

How many blowouts does everyone do per year? Also how many is everyone doing per day? We are at 600 per year and about 20 on a good day. 25 if the route is tight as hell.

2. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

I would say you are right on. It depends if you have people right in a row (house to house) or 10 miles apart?

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say good est too. Today I left @7:15am did 18 in 5 counties and was home by 4:30pm. Not bad?

4. kozmo

kozmo LawnSite Member

My guys do 15-17 a day put at about 60-70 per day 4 men and well run 5 crews on sat.

5. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

Wow, I'd kill to do that in 1 county on my best day. Usually 10 - 13 per guy per day. Scheduling is the hardest part.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We should do about 600-625 residentials for the year. I also just picked up 5 commercial properties. I'm doing 12-20 a day. I did 23 one day last week.

I've realized some things that makes my tech slower than me. My tech is only getting about 10-15 a day. He has a smaller/older 100 CFM compressor, and he tends to take more time on each zone than I do. :) He also only gets about 2-4 at a time from me, then has to call me. A lot of the ones I do myself, I can go to without even looking in the map which saves time as well.

The majority of our systems here have no hook up port other than the testc0ck. So on mine I can do 2-3 zones at a time, and he can do 1-2 zones. If I can hook up to a larger opening, I can easily do 6-8 zones at a time.

Today is going to be another long one with a possible blizzard coming in the morning. I've gotta try and get a few for tomorrow in because I think tomorrow is going to be cancelled.

7. I hope to do 150-200 this year as well as 20-25 whole house winterizations...

Last year I did 83 I think.....if I double every year I will reach my goal of 400 great customers...which is where I want to be.

I did 19 one day last week....my problem is also that on the bigger systems my 85 doesn't want to work as hard as the 185 I used last year....

But I love the lil guy....

8. kozmo

kozmo LawnSite Member

Oh how i long to be the little guy putting cash Right in the pocket.sounds like your a good service company if you are doubling every year with out much effort.

9. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

around 1,000 when we start running 4 crews should knock out 60 75 per day
    blowing 3 zones at a time really speeds thing up

10. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I did 200 over a 12 day period, all solo. I have a great advantage in that I pretty much know all my customers houses (and have notes on connection and VB locations), so I can blow and go. We get to use hose bibbs and 185CFM compressors... 5-6 zones at a time.

The only thing that slows us down is new customers. Have to wander their yard a bit to find everything.