how many calls can i expect

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobbygedd, Aug 20, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have 5,000 flyers going out over the next 3 days, we are looking to add perhaps 80 new clients over the next year. how many calls can i expect from these 5,000 flyers?

2. nhlakes

nhlakes LawnSite Member
    from nh

Bobby,

Most folks here appear to expect less than a 1% return on flyers and door hangers. However, if your flyers cover subjects such as spousal abuse, unionizing, fad diets and ways to squeeze as many dollars as possible from those lowly homeowners, your results may vary…

By the way, in addition to the “New Topic” and “Post Reply” buttons, which you have obviously mastered quite impressively, there’s also a “Search” facility that can be quite useful.

Good luck!
    :waving:

3. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

The last time I did fliers, I handed out about 1000. The only call I got was from a retired postal worker who told me how illegal is was to put stuff in USPS mailboxes. He forgot about caller ID, so I called him back and made some suggestions on how he should spend his time. I don't do fliers anymore.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

It depends on your "market presence" in your area. If you have a recognizable name / logo, your call rate will be higher for the simple fact of the customer's percieved value and worth of your company from seeing your trucks all over town. The first time we did direct mail (10K pcs each to 2 target zipcodes a month for 3 months) we got about 65-80 calls each month.Out of those, we signed anywhere from 10-14 contracts each month. Three years later, I don't do them except for fall only , for fert. and leaf cleanup. I do one mailing, and we have enough leaf work to keep us busy into the middle of December, and sometimes carry over into the following spring.

6. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Companies that do statistics on that sort of things say that you can expect a .04-1.0% return on your advertisement.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

so 15-30 calls? wow, that equals about 10-20 clients.

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

no wait, i was thinking of the 3,000 that will go out between today, and tommorow. there will be 5,000 total, so, i can expect roughly 20-50 calls. that will land me around 13- 35 clients, then of course, any of thier neighbors that see me and come over. that aint so bad, is it?

9. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Not to boost your ego, but I find I close almost 100% of flyer call backs, as opposed to newspaper ads, yellow pages, etc.. where you are side by side with the competition. With the flyer, it's just you, and they already called you, so as long as you dont blow it in person, it's usually yours.

Kevin

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yes,

To give you an exact number we need to see the flyer. Only then can give you the bad news. :waving: