How many clients?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by vinnieobrien, Nov 14, 2010.

1. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

How many clients do you guys average on? like how many places do you tend to cut per week? on average? residential that is.
  2. wild willy

wild willy LawnSite Member

depends on the size of the residential. I have one day where i do 14 a day solo, and I have the high end day that I do 6 in, some may include garden service also. 42 in total every week and 2 commercial lots that take all day on Sat. or Sun.
    Don't forget the side jobs,tree work, garden renos, fence/sod repair bush trimming blah blah blah!!!!!!
  3. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we finished the season with 2132 weekly customers and 450 seasonal clients . Its not about the number its about the quality of services you provide each one .
  4. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

oh wow 2132 weekly customers. can you tell me how many crews or people you have working with you? thats a lot per week. and im new to this sorry.
  5. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we are at 156 crew members 46 locations so its on average only around 50 per crew a week . our largest location is 510 clients in one neigborhood all of them are 4000-6000 sqft and like 65 of them are 12000sqft corner lots . its just yards if you cant make a difference in your lawns
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 75 active customers but I maintain about 30 properties as far as mowing. The rest recurring customers for plowing, cleanups, hedges etc. Then there's the one timers which I may or may not ever hear from again. Then there's this one guy named Darryl that I've been maintaining 34 acres for and never gotten paid a dime in 10 years. Nice buy though ;)
  7. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

really depends on lawn and crew size
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. I meant nice guy, not nice buy on my previous post.
  9. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

As many as I can handle before dragging my dead do tired butt home every night.

But as many as I can get, I always feel bad then next day when I have a spare hour. I feel like every hour spent at home is an hour spent not making any money.
  10. mowrboy

mowrboy LawnSite Member

Where in Middle TN are you located?