How Many Customers and how long?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, Jan 7, 2007.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Care customers only. How Many do you have and how long did it take you to get them?

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

10,000 customers.....we net $1 per customer

100 customers....we net $10,000 per customer

its all about the net man, size dont matter, net matters

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

It was a marketing question more than a revenue question. I look at dollars spent on marketing to see what it cost me to gain a new customer and I was interested in seeing how everyone else was gaining new customers and the length of time it took to gain those customers, to get a industry comparison of my company.

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

It took me about 5 years to get up to 600 clients. That is as high as I can go w/ one spray truck & still have time to oversee the maintenance truck too.

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

It all depends upon market branding and identity.
    I have six full time employees plus three part timers and am grossing over a half million/year.
    Actual net proceeds have to wait until my divorce is final but typically I pay myself in the low sixties with and additional thirty or so for corporate taxes each year.

6. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

don't know if this is what you were looking for, but typically the average marekting % relative to revenue is about 10%

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Please elaborate. I am lost.

8. mrkosar

from Ohio

10% of your sales goes into marketing.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

At an average, I would say you're correct, but we put 20-25% into marketing because we run a subcontracting department now. That number will eventually go down. It is important, in advertising, not too look at the figures any other way than ROI or (return on investment). That is the formula for marketing. Our ROI on direct mail is 5-6%, but every marketing campaign will give you different results.

10. mrkosar

from Ohio

5-6% ROI from direct mail...that is amazing.

you must have a helluva mailing list that hits your target demographic dead on. who do you use if you don't mind me asking?