How many customers do you have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have about 30 customers in all. Going to try and ad another 15-20 hopefully next year. Would like to get more into the landscaping part of this business. This is really my first full year since getting out of school, so it's not to bad I quess. How many customers do you have? What is your ideal number? I would like to have around 100 I think someday. Thanks

2. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I have about 35 weekly accounts, but its tough as you well know when you also go to college fulltime. I cant wait till I can attack this business fulltime without the obligation of a 10am college class

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We should peak close to 100 with all services next year! Make up some flyers or have Nebs make you up some door hangers, around 3 to 5% return will be no problem. We will distribute 2000 door hangers in spring at 5% return alone thats 100 new customers alone. Its good advertising. If we get a 5% return we will be up to 150plus. Thats all we can handle due to alot of the large landscape companys are losing accounts due to no pay and lack of help. We pay our people in season $10hr to start which is $2.00 over most other companys up here.

4. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Landscaper3- When do you put your flyers out? Also what do you put on them? Just name and number or a list of services etc.

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We do door hangers know we had nebs make up. We do full services all year round including alot of plowing so we wait till the grass starts showing and then we distribute the door hangers (around last week of March)here is there web site http://www.nebs.com they have all your business forms and software one stop shop. Call for a catalouge.

6. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

We have 112 accounts at present, and im looking
    to take on about 50 more. Id say at that point id
    have to make some major changes to company. My
    goal is to generate around 250k a year and keep
    the profit margin between 15% and 20%. The more
    a company grosses, the profit margin shrinks. Id
    say the 80 to 100 mark for clients is a comfortable
    living for most. I guess what your expenses are, will
    dictate how many more clients you need to have.

7. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I have about 110 regular customers that I service yearround..I also usually provide one-time services to an addition 100-150 customers throughout the year(landscaping, aerating, other misc. jobs)..Clean-Cut

8. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

We have sixty accounts for mowing and thirty accounts for chemical application. This is a mixture of residents and comerical. We are trying to get another ten comerical accounts for full service next year.

9. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

this is my second year and i only have 80 accounts, but they are all $35 to $115 lawns. there is a guy in my area that has 1600 lawns, and a good 200 of them are huge condos and developments, his business is sick..

10. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

1600 lawns i thought the guy that i placed my yellow book ad was lying he told me he deals wih a guy that has about 2000 lawns i was like yea right thats good to hear i guess anything is possible how many crews would you need for that ....