How many cut the neighbors.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toby, Mar 26, 2002.

1. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Just landed 6 lawns on my street that were being cut by an LCO who's retired. Neighbor on both sides & 4 across the street. Gave them a sweet deal due to proximity & because there are 6 together.
    Do you cut them yourselves or put them on the route? Have a crew that runs by my street on Tuesdays but promised them Thurs. or Fri. cuts, when crews are out of area so may end up cutting them Fri. morn. or late afternoon myself.
  2. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

I do one across the street from me ,gave him a good deal just have the run the mower across the road.I usually do it in the eve lawn is usually wet until late afternoon any way.would like more just as close too !:cool:
  3. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

I have one across the street and two next to each other next door. It's nice having them close but they have fenced in back yards, so it does't help that much.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel that it's best not to do business with neighbors for if things go still have to live next to them. I'll help them out from time to time, but no cash...maybe a six-pack or something. ;)
  5. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I do three across the street and one on each side of me. I love getting places in clumps like that, no travel time and nobody's ever standing around the trailor. They just move on to the next house........

I wish I had groups of 3 or 4 at every stop :)
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Less time you spend loading and unloading the more time you can spend filling your pockets with green...
  7. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I do 4 in my neighbors. I'v never had a problem with them, works out for all of us.
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i mow 5 lawns on my street. They really appreciate the work i do, and we all get along really well. I feel bad sometimes haveing to charge them what i do, but i try and keep it reasonable because we are neighbors.
  9. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I agree with Scraper on this one. When things go bad you still have to see these people. Some of these neighbours think you are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week just because you cut thier lawn and plow thier snow. A few times I would be away for the weekend, I wouldn't even get out of my truck and the neighbour would be there trying to get me to do something for them. I have been approched by a few people on the street but I tell them sorry but I'm to busy.

10. BGRANT

BGRANT LawnSite Member

I mow 6 yards in my neighborhood.Never had a problem.If you don't do it your competiton will!