1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many cuts in Iowa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyCuts, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Can someone help me figure how many cuts to predict in Iowa? I'm guessing 25-28 based on what I'm seeing in other areas. Also when to figure first cut and last cut? Sorry if its been covered ad nauseum here but I tried to search with little success for my area. Thanks in advance.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Johnny - not sure where you are at in Iowa....
    I do biz in the Rochester, MN area - last season I did avg 28 cuts for my accts. July was pretty dry but August on thru was VERY wet and led to more cuts.
    I would say here would be a good average of 25-26 cuts and depending on where you are at, maybe one or two more. So your est. is pretty much on. Lets hope for no drought!
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

28-35 in Virginia, which is code for 20-24 :laugh:
  4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I average 26 - 28 around Iowa City when I mow every week
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I base all 7 month equal pay contracts on 26 mowings per year - I am in the Burlington area. I usually plan on starting April 10-15th, and Stop End of Oct, maybe somewhat into Nov. some years.
  6. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Thanks guys, great response, I was pretty close to what I was thinking but wanted confirmation, appreciate it.
  7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey where in IOWA r u? I am in NW iowa and I averaged the last two years 28.78 cuts / year. Don't ask how that number came but I looked in QUickBooks and that is what it said.