How many cuts in Miami Fl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ronnie Greenwood1, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Ronnie Greenwood1

Ronnie Greenwood1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

How many cuts in Miami Fl. Also have some additional questions for legit operations. Thanks guys

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I am north of miami close to tampa and I cut year round.

Every week pretty much march--october then every 2-3 weeks from november to feb.

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to a LCO online a couple years ago from Miami. He said he cut's everyweek as long as the grass is watered or rains. Or every 10 days.

4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

most florida lawns get cut between 36 and 42 time a year .this year it looks like 40 for me. its already slowing down i only cut half my route this week

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. It all depends on how you want to run your business.

For next year I am running weekly from 15 April to 01 Oct and running EOW the rest of the time.
    This year I ran weekly until 15 Oct and cut nothing this week.

A very large local LCO starts EOW 15 Sept. Personally I think that is too early, but when you are under contract, the less cuts the more profitable you are.

He starts rolling to 8 days in July and hopes to be at 10 day interval by 01 Sept and by contract switches to EOW after 15 Sept.

I think that would be a pain and people would complain when they don't have the same day for cutting, but if you train your clients early I guess it would work. Certainly would be more profitable.

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well Im in west/central Fla and Im still cutting all my St.Augestein yards every week. Yes they have slowed down alittle bit, but not enough to skip. They all have irragation so that helps. Its also still pretty warm to.

7. Ronnie Greenwood1

from IL

Hey, Thanks guy's.
    Here is the story I currently operate in IL and I am tired of the short season cold weather. I am pondering the idea of moving to Fl around jan. and leting a family member run this one. I had the newspaper here insert adds into the paper for me worked really well like 10,000/30,000. at a time. By doing drops in the paper. How many residental customers you think could get in jan months? If I were to do it I think I need to start out making at least $1000 gross a week too be able to make it.:dizzy: IS IT POSSIBLE

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I skipped last week, catching up this week. Not much growth on mine...

9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Florida is very competitive. I was at a 4 way on Thursday and each of the other people at the intersection were also LCO's.

Longer season in FL, but I will bet you make about the same gross revenue in IL per lawn. Prices are significantly lower here. What I am trying to say is people all over the country spend the same per season on Lawncare. We just have to make 36-42 trips to collect it.

Can you start out grossing $1000 a week, your first week? NO.
    Can you do that in IL? If so I am moving there.

10. Ronnie Greenwood1

from IL

I completly understand prices are lower there I took that into consideration. I think when I