how many cuts in minnesota

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Feb 24, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

(southern MN)how many cuts do you get in a growing season. i have to give a bid for some town homes and he asked my to type up some kind of a proposal with an estimated number of cuts.

i cut to last year for the builder,but only half the year cause of the new sod.

it takes me about 45 min to cut all 4 of them. last year i charger 14 per unit so...56+ tax is this high?? i wanted to cover all the extra stuff i did like pull weeds, fix blown down trees etc. the builder asked to have it cut on a per needed basis but i was thinking about doing it every week, with the exception of the super hot months or the rainy months.

i really want to pull this off cause i have the potential to get about 4 more units this year.

i appreciate your help on this one.

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

hey, don't everyone respond at once :blob3:

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

When I lived in Michigan we averaged 25-28 cuts per season, depending on weather. Michigan and Minnesota have similar climates so I would bid the job on those numbers.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Dennis.

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

in minnesota we average 26 cutting weeks in a growing season. the price sounds fair. cutting every week would be the best. good luck, i hope you get more!!