How many cuts left from this point in the year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, Jul 27, 2006.

1. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I am putting in a contract as I mentioned in a different post, but at this point in the year (in OK climate), how many cuts should I base the monthy rate off of? I figured I could just go through the calander and estimate... But I figured some of you would know better.

Also, what is the best method to quote large properties without surveying (I can't get involved with that). I guess I could just estimate the time it will take me to do it and base it off what I want per hour or something. Hmmm...

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

About 15 more weekly's here or less(mid November) depending on weather. Later ones mostly blowing leaves or shreading them with gators.

3. TROTTMAN

15 more cuts total? Like maybe 10 more weeklys then 5 bi-weeklys then none in the winter? I think that is probably pretty close. Any other opinions?

4. tacoma200

I usually have a couple of cuts in November So thats this week (1) 3 months August, Sept, Oct (12) and a (2) in November mostly leaves and some grass. So thats 15 or less depending on weather. I figured it grew until November in Tyler, is it dry down there? It will definately be more than 10 weekly's.

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

5 in Aug
    4 in Sept
    4 October (clean up leaves, and Mow)
    4 November (clean up leaves and Mow)

17 for me

6. tacoma200

Always wondered what it would be like living in Tyler or Nocagdoches. Very pretty country passing through. I was in a tractor trailer out in the middle of no where there when I had to pull off the shoulder to relive myself. I was on the backside of the tractor trailer so no body could see me but a bunch of cows. Just so happened (my luck) a Texas state trooper saw my truck and knew what I was doing. After a good talking to he let me know that they didn't go for that kind of thing in Texas (relieving yourself on the ground). I said yes sir no sir and he let me go. I find it hard to believe that cowboys have to go to town to relieve themselves. Just a hundred cows in the field doing the same. Oh well I wasn't going to argue with him.

7. TROTTMAN

Hahaha, thats pretty funny... Tyler isn't really country-like at all, its like a city of 80k. But the surrounding areas are very country.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

15 or so give or take. Weather varys a lot in the fall so it will depend on mother nature. JMO

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i would say about 12-15, who knows, in the berkshiresd i could still be doing a fall cleanup in december, but there could also be snow on the ground in october.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Probably another 12 or so for us...then big time leaf cleanups.