How many cuts on average in Central Florida per season?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sancho_man_orlando, Jul 25, 2007.

1. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I'm putting all of my customers on a 12 month agreement and I'm trying to fill in the blank on my agreement for how many cuts per season... this is my 1st FULL season so I'm not sure how many I should put. I don't want to go too high and overbid myself but I don't want to go too low and cut myself short... no pun intended!

2. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most say 42, I list 40, should be biweekly nov - march, weekly april-oct

3. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

In like janurary some houses go 3-4 weeks without needing a mow, some need it every 2 weeks...

4. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I list most at 40 cuts.

5. leevubehind

leevubehind LawnSite Member

I base my contracts on 40 cuts per year then break it down to 12 month payments so I get the same all year long

6. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

To me entering a number of cuts is hard, maybe leave that spot blank. Like another 1 posted some lawns a diff for others,some people are heavy waterers, what if they higher true green:dizzy: :dizzy: then your cutting all the time it seems. Then you have the nice lawns that go almost dormant for 2 months:cool2:. I dont list number of cuts on paper think been asked maybe 2-3 times, just a 1 year service agreement number of cuts isnt that important to most.

7. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

On average it is 42 cuts per year.

8. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

i use 39 cuts per year then divide that by the 12 months

i take the 3rd week of oct. to start my vacation, this has worked for me for many years.