how many cutts per yr? pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by windshadow, Oct 29, 2005.

1. windshadow

windshadow LawnSite Member

I live in the fl panahandle.I am wondering how many cuts per season are done here. What would you charge for a job that takes 2.50 hrs to do. The 2.50 includes all trimming and blowing off the drive walks and pool area? EQ used 48 inch ztr,sting trimmer,edger,blower and I bag the clipping which go out with her trash.Any info would be great.

2. windshadow

56 views and not one reply.thanks for all the input .

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, I wish I could be of help. Just keep it up here,...someone will help......

4. Shastanova

Shastanova LawnSite Member

i just started my business 2 months ago but i have a job that takes me about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to do. its 2 condos and i charge them both $120 each a month. what i do their is cut the crass, edge it, trim it, and blow it. i have a walker mower with mulcher blades and 48" deck so i dont have to clean up any clippings. prices are different everywhere though. i live in cape coral right off the ocean water in Fl so prices are higher down here. hope this helps.

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm 1500 miles north of you but since you want replies I could not just look. Umm if I recall the guys down there say they get 40 or so cuts a year what you ought to do is re post the thread with the question how many cuts a season do you get in Florida. Maybe that will catch the eye of some of your states landscapers and only they could give you a proper answer.

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Charlotte NC and I figure 38 cuts. You will get more but not sure how many.
    As far as pricing--You need to know your costs and what you are paying yourself and your profit that your company wants. Add that up and apply your hourly rate X's 2.5
    I would add drive time to that and figure about 110- 130

7. windshadow

thanks for the info I just got back in town and have not check out the site for a week thanks again bill

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

2.5 hours to complete the job, How big is it?
    I base prices on 38 cuts a year here in Tampa.
    If I had a yard that took that long. I would price it like this:
    2.5 hours per visit x 38 visits =95 man hours per year *$60/hr =$5700/yr divided by 12 months =$475/monthly rate.
    Chances are your not going to get paid that much for the job, NOBODY pays that much for lawn service, someone will probably offer $150/month (which is fine if you have 4 guys with 72 inch mowers that can bust it out in 30 mins.

Bottom line, a property that takes that much time is a MONSTER LOSER for a single man operation. WHy commit 2.5 hours to one job because 10 times out of 10 here in FL, you wont be getting paid near what it is worth. Let the big dogs take those jobs.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN
    Here is some food for thought, in my area with my route the way it is, I can do 8 yards in 2.5 hours. my average price is $95/month. so would I rather have the $475 for the BIG job, or $760 for the 8 smaller jobs. It is a no brainer where the money is. Bigger job doesnt mean bigger money....

9. windshadow

thanks for the info , sounds like you been at it for some time. I am new to this and trying to get started.thanks again

10. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

8-10 hours of work and 4 Trips to the location for $120??? Keep that up and I'll be looking for that used Walker when you go under.

South FL.... I'm figuring in 42 cuts.