1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How many days a week do you work?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Hoss_27, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Hoss_27

Hoss_27 LawnSite Member

Hi I'm new to the site, been lurking for a month or two now. Just wondering how many days out of the week you guys/gals work? How do you do your scheduling? Do you have certain days set aside for mowing and other for projects? Or???

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

My crew works 6 days a week. 2 landscape jobs a week, lots of mulch and several lawns. Never do lawns biweekly, if that ever comes up try for every week but if that doesn't work go for every ten days which is 3 times a month.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

and if it rains 7, if its cold 7, if there isnt work to do... 7 i do maintenance on the equipment... 7, book keeping..... 7 advertising.... 7 hahahaaaahaahah :)

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

all of them except the 3 BIG holidays of 4th of July, thanksgiving and Xmas, small stuff like easter don't phase me, it all blends, all I know is what day of the week, time and date / month it is.

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to take bobby G's B-day off this yr.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta have time for the family.

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Somtimes it feels like 8 days a week.

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

6 days for me. Try not to work on Sundays to give the customers a day they can enjoy with their family. I think I have only worked a couple of Sundays and that was to play catch up on some mowing.

9. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

8 days a week here.

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Easter and Mothers Day is on a Sunday so those are given. Anymore, any excuse I can find take the day off as long as it's on a Sunday. To many times I have found myself having to sharpen 40-50 blades on Sunday. That SUX's