1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many Days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 14, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

How many days does it take you to finish your maintenace route?Weather permitting, I can cut mine in 4 days. During the peak of the summer, I've had almost 100 weekly accounts. As of now, the full year accounts, 60 - 65 weekly, 3 of those bi weekly.
    I'm set...... i take Mondays off to get some personal things done, (Sunday is no good if you hate standing in long lines for anything), and Saturday is my cushion, for weather, landscaping job, etc. If weather cooperates, and no job for saturday, I score a 3 day weekend.
    I worked this out last year when I became a dad for the first time.
  2. About 5 days, but my lawns are on a 5 day schedule.
    I don't expect a day off until the Fourth of July.

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

i do it in 3-4 days with mon 1/2 tues for additional services like AL Inc. said
  4. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

During the season I'm doing some project 7 days a week. The L/S truck rolls 5 or 6 days a week. My time off starts at Thanksgiving and ends about Feburary
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm in with Luscious. I've started about 3 weeks earlier this year, so I already got my first day off, Easter. Usually don't take Memorial Day or July 4th off, because the minute you do, it's a beautiful day, then it rains for the next 3 and you're kicking yourself for just sitting around all day when you could've been working.

I'll work straight through the summer, be done around November 15th, or whenever I've got to put the mower away quick before I hook up the plow to go plowing.

Work 6 1/2 - 7 straight months with 10-15 days off for rain, then sit around for 5 months working 10-15 days with snow.

Not too bad if you think about it....... as long as you don't like taking trips on weekends. :)
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

4 to 5 days, Saturdays as a cushion for bad weather or xtra jobs etc., Mid July on, 3 to 4 days
  7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are telling us how many days it takes you to finish, but what would make it more interesting is to know how many accounts you are doing in those days.

I have 25 and it takes two 1/2 days.

Looking for more jobs always...I put out 1000 fliers today.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

mon + tues for side stuff(mulch, etc) 1/2 wed, all day thurs+ friday for mowing. saturday catch up and or extras(mulch, etc). sunday for alchohol abuse
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

One 3-man crew and one 2-man crew will take them 5 days each week to mow everything.
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We have less than 50 accounts and it takes us 38 hours to get them done in 4 days. I only do a dozen residentials. Mostly large accounts.