How many do a granular and liquid mixed program?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eggy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to find out how many people run a granular only, a liquid only or a combination of both liquid and granular apps?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

Our weed control applications are liquid. The fertilizer apps are granular.

3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

im with fireman gus

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Retired now.
    In years past I applied 3 rounds granular. And I applied two rounds with a liquid fertilizer/herbicide combination.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Same....as I run a PG. Can't do liquid fert apps with a PG.

6. here in Florida with our 6 month rainy season and sandy soils, granular is the way to go. liquid would be supplemental or used in cases of severe nutrient deficiencies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

We do both most of are lawns are done with a ride on. But we do have some lawns that are to steep or just to small and all cut up that dragging a hose is easer. And the liquid fert I use is to costly to do big lawns with.

Charles Cue

8. threepointchamp

threepointchamp LawnSite Member

We start out the year in March with granular up until weeds germinate mid April or so and then we will apply liquid fert and weed control until weather conditions tell us its to hot. We switch over to granular fert and liquid weed control and then we pick up spraying again when the weather allows us to in the fall.