How many do Holiday Lighting displays?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Oct 2, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you all do displays for christmas? If you do, how much do you charge?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thought about it, and still thinking about it for next year. I personally would like to know some more about it, like the start up cost, the pricing, packages etc that people do. It is something that I would love to get into, but I am just not sure whether or not it would be another hassle to deal with

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

Heres the lights I am offering this year to customers for outdoor lighting:

commercial tree lighting.jpg

4. BIGWIV

BIGWIV LawnSite Member

I HEAR IT CAN BE SOME GOOD MONEY DOING THIS. IT'S JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE TO FIND THE CUSTOMERS THAT WANT IT DONE.

WE ARE SO BUSY DOING LEAF CLEAN-UPS AND THEN THE SNOWPLOWING WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS TYPE OF WORK. GOOD LUCK IN THIS AREA !!

5. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Bigwiv. Using all capital letters makes your post hard to read.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I recently spoke with a guy locally that offers this service. He buy the lights in large spools. Sell it by the foot installed and for theirs to keep or to use seasonally, then he will take down. Said he works about 3 weeks in December, then another 2 weeks in January and brings in around $13K.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

I think LED holiday lights are going to be a big deal. Has anyone seen these yet? Click image for link.

[​IMG]

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

They need some of those around here, Waterford homes are really big on lighting displays! Its practically like, if you aint got some kind of display, then you shouldnt live here!

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you ever seen them used.....do they illuminate very much?

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

Yes, they are VERY bright, from what I've read, they're = to a 60-75 watt bulb.